Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Friend or Foe?


Jillian's new 4 wheeler

In May, Brett and I got Jillian a 4 wheeler of her own. She loved it! She thought it was so cool! Until we tried to get her to ride it....

She and Alissa had been sharing one the last year and having a blast on it! So, the logical thing was to get another one so that they didn't have to take turns and could ride at the same time together. Great thought, right? Not so much. 

Jillian is so confusing. She likes it, likes that its "hers" but doesn't want to ride it; at least not by herself. She always wants Brett to ride with her or else she doesn't want to ride. AND she wants me to be out at the shop (where they ride) or she will throw a fit thinking that she will get her way to not ride and stay home with me. Not so, in our house, when you throw a fit you don't get rewarded. She's a smart little thing and figured that out (in regards to 4 wheeling only) and now will say that her stomach hurts. (Yes sweetie, I've caught on!) It frustrates the begeesies out of me! We thought this purchase would bring a smile to our daughters faces, giving them an opportunity for some quality time, just them and their Dad. (It did and it has, it's just frustrating to have a hassle before the fun can begin.)

Alissa LOVING every minute of it!

Alissa LOVES it! She loves that she can ride all over the farm and that she has time with Dad. Jillian's torn and I haven't truly figured out why. She's a mom's girl and doesn't like it when I don't go but I don't ride - by choice, and it's not so fun after awhile for me to sit there thinking of all the things that I could be doing at home. I know, selfish. But this whole activity is a Brett and the girls thing and I love that for them and me.

Brett and the Girls

Today, as we were driving home from dance camp, we passed by a local 4 wheeler shop and Jillian says, "they only have three 4 wheelers left." Where in the world did that come from? I truly think that Jillian likes everything about her 4 wheeler so I don't know why we have a battle at times when they have an opportunity to ride. So it is friend or foe? I don't even think that Jillian knows. 

No comments: