Thursday, September 11, 2008

A special treat for Jillian...

Today was a special treat for Jillian because I surprised her with a play date with Cayli. Cayli and Jillian have been BFF's for awhile now; they were in Preschool together last year. They are a year different in age and so this year Cayli is still at that Preschool and Jillian is in Kindergarten... I think that they're settling down from the new year excitement and missing their friend....

I picked Cayli up from Preschool and we had about 45 minutes before it was time to pick up Jillian. Poor Cayli, I think it was the LONGEST 45 minutes of her life! "Ok, time to pick up Jillian" was the phrase she repeated about every 5-10 minutes; "not quite yet", I would reply.

I tried to occupy our time by running one 5 minute errand - literally, 5 minutes. 
Cayli was antsy, "Tiffany, let's go, it's time to get Jillian"
"Not yet sweetie, it's still gonna be a little bit"
"Oh"
So, then I took her to the park to let her play to pass the time; she sat next to me and chatted for a minute and then said, "Ok, let's go, it's time to get Jillian"
"Almost time sweetie, how 'bout you play?", and off she went.
One trip down the slide and guess what, yep, "Ok, Time to get Jillian".

You would think that it would be getting to me at this point but that girl has cuteness on her side! I felt bad that she was missing my little girl so badly! So, I played with her. Yep, we got on the dinosaur that rocks and pretended to pick up Jillian, then Alissa, then Charli (Cayli's Mom). We stopped and got chocolate treats, ice cream, and chocolate pie....before you knew it, it was time to get Jillian! (Note: When we "picked up" the chocolate treats and pie Cayli said to me, "we gotta save some for my dad, he LOVES chocolate!" - wanted you to know he wasn't left out. )


Man, after we got Jillian and got home, those two didn't know what to play first! Let's play house, let's play with Barbies, let's play animals, let's color....MY head was spinning! It was great to see these two so excited to be together! Soon they were talking about Alissa coming home and making plans of what to play when she got here! So nice of them to be so considerate.

When Ali got home the busyness resumed; she had ballet at 3:30pm, so off we went! Unfortunately, they didn't get hardly any play time with her.

I was to meet Charli at 4pm, so to pass the time we went to a different park and I let both of them play (it worked much better this time); and at 4pm our play date came to an end. Jillian was so sad, but I reassured her that we would have another one soon.

Thanks for coming over today Cayli! We enjoyed having you! It's so good to have great friends!

No comments: