Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fishing update...

Brett's been in Alaska all this week for his annual trip with my Dad. Although I miss him and envy the away time I feel very fortunate that my Dad and he get along so well that they can, and want to, spend a whole week together! :) There's more guys there than just my Dad and Brett; my Dad's been going on this trip for years! Long before Brett and I were even together. Of the original group that started going, I think there were a total of 4-5 of them, it's just my Dad and Fred. Now, Fred's son goes, Brett goes, Rory, Dad's friend who's been going for a while, took his boys this year...sounds like some good guy time, huh?

I told you all that to share this; this year the fishing hasn't been all that great, between Brett and my Dad they've got 19, but they're still having a great time! Last night, they played poker (Texas Hold 'em); all those guys I just mentioned. Guess who went heads up (one on one)? My Dad and Brett! Everyone was razzing Brett that he'd better not win, "you don't want to ruin Christmas!", was someone's remark. Brett had an Ace and King, Dad had an Ace and a Seven - the only card that came up was a Seven; my dad got a pair and won! It sounded like it was a hoot!

This is just a reminder of yet another blessing; the great relationship my Dad and husband share. Two very important and influential people in my life. Thanks guys! Love you! Can't wait 'til you get home!

No comments: