Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wow, it's been awhile...

Life has been busy to say the least. I just noticed today how long it's truly been. So, let's see if I can catch up...it may take a few posts, but I'll do my best. :)

Sept. 12th: I joined the girls elementary school to attend "Seussical the Musical, Jr." put on by the girls dance studio, Today's Generation. I am a Dr. Seuss NUT!! I LOVE the silly nonsense words and the rhymes! They entertain me and they make me think. I have EVERY board book Suess for the girls when they were little, we still have them because we just can't let them go. Anyway, I'm rambling...
The show was fabulous! All the characters were local kids in the community; what a talented bunch! I admired them for having no fear, no reservations, and the strength in personal character that showed. These kids ranged from K-12 I do believe, at least 1st-11th. We knew a couple of them so it made it even more entertaining!

Jillian sat with me while Alissa sat with her class. Jillian was FULLY entertained, and she can be quite the critic; she doesn't sit down to watch just anything. She recited some of the lines with the performers, laughed out loud, and cheered with excitement! Alissa LOVED it also. I kinda missed out not sitting with her but glanced her direction every now and then to see her smiling and laughing and enjoying the musical with her friends. I would really like to see the full Broadway version now. We LOVE Seuss!

No comments: