Sunday, October 19, 2008

Really...

It's been a week since my last post?!? Really?!? Just goes to show how crazy life can get.

Last week in a flash, in addition to the everyday stuff; Monday chores, Tuesday work, Wednesday work, Thursday surgery, Friday recoup, Saturday recoup, Sunday chores. Yep, that looks right.

Surgery, yes, surgery. Two years ago I had reconstructive knee surgery on my right knee that involved placing two screws on the bump below my knee (patella tuberosity). Well, those screws were trying to come out! Brett's joke, "they forgot the locktight". Anyway, hurt like a bugger so they needed to be taken out. Holy moly! We got to keep the screws, they're like 2.5 inches long and the threads...wow. Here's a picture taken by Brett with his phone in the hospital:


Seriously, this month is flying by! I did keep a notebook of my "day in the life" project still yet to be completed and I caught up to the current week three assignments on my "Design Your Life" project last night. Trying to lay low this weekend but everytime I sit my mind tells me there's something else I should be doing; like laundry, or meal planning, or getting ready for the week...and what a week it will be!

Monday thru Thursday I will be working afternoons in addition to my carpool routine (that should be interesting as I am currently in need of one crutch - Brett will be helping, little does he know). Thank the heavens that my mom is here, she will be helping with the girls routine so that I can work afternoons (she does know). 

My Aunt Almyra has been here with my mom for the last week; we sure do love having them both here. I've been storing little moments in my archives of the sweet memories that have been made this week. While my mom's been creating masterpieces of Christmas trees for Krista's Open House this weekend at Elements,  my Aunt has taken the time to play Go Fish, Connect the Dots, and teach the  girls how to play her video solitaire. It reminds me of going to my Grandma Minnie's house in SLC, UT and doing things with my Aunt Wilmadeen. She'd play card games with me, we'd go for walks around the capitol building, it was just time well spent together. My Aunt Wilmadeen is no longer here to reminisce in these memories with me or create new ones with my children but I hold them dear as I know my kids will hold this visit dear. This week mom will be spending more time with the girls as Krista's project is now complete; it sure is nice to have a mom interested in helping us with our "projects" - thanks mom!

Back to this week; Friday. Friday! Friday is a busy day! It's Alissa's ninth birthday, it's the day Brett is to go setup elk camp, and it is my one week post op visit in Spokane. Who decided the week before elk camp would be a good one for hardware removal? Oh yeah, me. Silly me!

Mom and Aunt Almyra leave Thursday back to Portland so I think Friday might go something like this: Heather carpool (still have to ask her), Brett & I to Spokane (I hope he goes with me), get back in time to pick Jillian up at 1pm, Brett off to elk camp, get Alissa from school, setup party room at movie theater, have party, watch High School Musical 3, party over, day over. Whew! My mantra will be "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!!" I'm already stressed!

I'll keep my notebook handy and update when I can.

P.S. New pages added to the DYL project post. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your new pages but not so much your screws..holy moly Tiff! Glad you are recuperating just remember to REST!!!!!