Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy BDay Boo..

Friday was the CRAZIEST day in awhile and I could not have made it through without the help of my husband and friends!

Not only was Friday Alissa's 9th birthday (more on that in just a minute) but it was my post op appointment for my knee as well. That threw a bit of a kink in my plans for the day but I was determined to try to make my original plans for the day work.

This year Alissa was SUPER excited that she was getting a party, as last year she made bad choices and a party was not an option on the table. I had planned on taking cupcakes to school and going to High School Musical 3 for her party. Sounds simple enough, right? Let me share how the day really played out.

That darned (but very important) appointment really messed with my timing I had planned for the day. It was at 9:15am in Spokane; in order for me to get to my appointment on time Brett & I needed to leave town by 7am. So a big help came from my friend Heather who let me drop the kids off at her house 20minutes early and took all the girls to school. THANK YOU!
On Wednesday, I called Ali's teacher and asked what time I could take cupcakes to class, she said they celebrated parties at lunch 11:15-12. Okay, how am I gonna pull that off? It's safe to schedule two hours for the trip to the MD considering morning traffic; if my appointment is at 9:15 that doesn't even give me anytime to see the MD. Enter Tracy, THANK YOU Tracy! She offered to take the cupcakes to school in the morning when she dropped off her son, Tanner.

I still need to thank Brett for heading out later than planned for his annual Elk hunting trip. Thanks honey! I know you would have rather gotten out earlier in the day but I appreciate the time you spent with me.

Now, the party. The movie was at 4:30pm, we can't have the party room but a half an hour before the movie which makes 4pm but the staff doesn't even get there until 4pm. It's the premiere of HSM3, I asked the staff a few days earlier if I could block off seats and they said that hasn't worked in the past and didn't recommend it. GREAT! How am I gonna pull this off if I'm the only adult? Enter Charli and Bobbi. Thank goodness they wanted to watch the movie! They came, reserved the seats, and everthing went smooth. THANKS GUYS!


The day was a success, Alissa had a blast and there's NO WAY I could have done it without the help of Brett and my friends. Thanks again guys!

No comments: