Sunday, October 5, 2008

Rethinking things....

I am thinking after my attempt at a “week in the life” project this last week with Ali Edwards that I need to learn to re approach things.


Looking at her blog each day through the week I began to feel intimidated that I am lacking, seeing all that she is able to do in a day and how fabulous her home looks and realizing today that is is because she is organized. I’m sure that if she starts a project she sees it through completion. That’s not to say that she may not have multiple projects at one time but I’m sure that she has multiple within limits; knowing that she can complete them before she gets overwhelmed. Not so for me; and I’ve come to the conclusion today that is why I am so frustrated. I get so overwhelmed I choose to do nothing vs. something. That’s really hard to admit but unfortunately true. I already know that if you live an organized life you end up having more “free” time; at least that’s what my books on organization say. :)


Oh yeah, I’m a total organizer wannabe! I’ve got all sorts of books and tools but apparently I don’t know how to properly utilize them!


Today, I’ve decided to tackle the “week in the life” project again but tweeked, starting today. I want to set goals for each day and some for the end of the week. I’m going to try to keep it real but let’s see how that goes. :)


I’m a BIG list maker!! I love lists! I love to make them and then cross/check them off. It gives me a great sense of accomplishment; it also keeps me on task. For some reason I get sidetracked easily; could it be that I don’t really want to necessarily do those tasks?


In addition to making time to download photos, blog (that’s my journaling), and work on Design Your Life (DYL) class, I would like to accomplish these goals:


Sunday:

weekend chores: mow grass, laundry, dishes, take trash to curb

overall pick up of house - after taking pictures there are many things that I want to change. Change in appearance and how I manage tackling them. Change is for another day though.

Make a chore list for girls with a reward at the end of the week. I'm doing them a great disservice cleaning up after them and getting mad at them for it; it's not their fault, it's mine.

make a dinner plan for week

hang curtain rod in my room

complete first week assignments for DYL and post


Monday:

break down boxes in garage

bonus: take boxes, plastics, and newspapers to recycle

attend PTSO mtg.

swim

listen to class for PWDC


Tuesday:

create “my goals” list for team building - how can I be more proactive?

encourage a date for mtg. @ work. Having everyone on the same page will create a team enviroment..


Let’s tackle Wed-Sat another day; let’s she how I do. Wish me luck!

No comments: