Sunday, October 5, 2008

Celebrating Marge...

Today we celebrated the life of Brett's grandma Marge who recently passed away. It was a beautifully simple gathering; focused on gathering as family. It was a good visit had by all.

It's unfortunate that the primary time that a family gathers is for weddings and funerals. Today, I reconnected with people I have not seen in the last eight years.

The service itself was short and simple but carried much emotion. Marge was a wonderful woman; warm, welcoming, and such a joy. She will be deeply missed and I am saddened that she will not longer physically be a part of our lives and watching my kids grow.

Marge and her husband Ken were to move up from Arizona the end of September; now Ken is here without his companion, his love, his best friend. They were married 58 years. 58! And each time I saw them they still had that spark. Amazing.

We are very happy to have Ken closer to us and look forward to spending time with him.

Here are some pics:
 Ken & Marge in July 2007



Tyler, Marges' great grandson, looking over all the photos of her


The vault to the left is of Ken's parents. 
I really like this picture...

No comments: