Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Week in review....

To continue the update in overview (on top of the busyness that the week usually holds; school transportation, my day at work, dance, and CCD...):

Sept. 13th: Brett came home from Alaska; landed in Seattle about 6pm and got home about 11pm.

The girls tried their best to stay up to greet him but Jillian was the first one asleep around 9:30pm then Alissa followed around 10pm. We all missed Brett so much!! He missed us too; he went into their room when he got home and woke them up to say hi - another tender moment.

Sept. 15th: I went swimming. I finally took Julie up on her offer to join her swimming laps at the high school. That girls been going for about the last nine months and has continually asked me to join her - her persistence finally paid off. Thanks sweetie! It was fun!

I did it on the 17th too!

Sept 19th: Brett and I picked Jillian up early from school to go to a my MD appt. in Spokane. Alissa planned on going to her friend Nicoles' house after school for a sleepover; more on that in a minute.

My MD appt. was with my orthopedic surgeon regarding my right knee that had reconstructive surgery about a year and a half ago. In that reconstruction, I had my patella tuberosity (the bump below your knee) moved ten degrees medial (in) to help my knee track better so it no longer dislocates. By moving that tuberosity they had to graph the bone to it's new location and placed two screws basically as healing screws....well, (you'd better sit down as you might hit your head laughing) my screws are loose. Yep, I've got a loose screw! Two of them! Jokes aside, they are backing out causing pain and discomfort and a large bump. I need to go in and have them removed. I'll have to take it easy for eight weeks following but it should be a breeze of a recovery vs. the reconstruction.

Brett's favorite line when sharing with our friends is, "they forgot the lock-tight". Thanks babe.

Alissa's sleepover at Nicoles is one for the books! They went to the MLHS football game Friday night, were artists for creating their own plate and bowl with a "make a plate and bowl kit" (super cool! The kids draw their masterpiece on a special paper, you send it in and your child's masterpiece is now a part of the dish! It's not just for show, you can use them as well! Here's the link: makit.com), they went to the local Farmer's Market and got cotton candy in addition to fresh fruits and veggies, jumped on the trampoline with Nicole's dad, rode bikes, GOOD GRIEF! Alissa had a BALL!

When I went to pick Alissa up Saturday @ 11am (yea, Ali got to Nicole's house around 3:30pm Friday and I picked her up @ 11am Sat - that's a lot of good times  jam packed!) The girls were riding bikes and Ali was definitely NOT ready/wanting to go home. When Nicole's mom shared with me all that the girls had done with the family I could understand. I told her that we would love to have Nicole over for a sleepover at our house  but I'm afraid she may be a bit disappointed - I'm way more of a home body then that!

Guess we'll see...it won't be for at least a few weeks, the weekends are currently booked.


No comments: