Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ephrata MotoCross...

Sept. 21st: We joined the Chapman Family at the MotoCross in Ephrata. Riley and Cayli have done a couple 4-wheeler races already, this was Alissa and Jillian's first time. I was very nervous! 

The night before, Alissa needed some convincing and Jillian was adamant that she was not participating. Come morning, Alissa was up right after Brett left to check the farm; she was ready to go! To my surprise, Jillian was ready to ride also. I got them ready for the race and packed snacks and drinks while Brett was at the shop getting the 4-wheelers ready. After a little starting issue with Jillian's bike, we were "off to the races"! I was still really nervous but Brett and the girls were stoked!

 the track

Everyone was awesome! They played together while waiting for their event and watched other events. It was a great time had by all - truly.

Riley, Alissa, Cayli, and Jillian

Alissa and Riley got really competitive after the warm up. In the first run Riley was first and Alissa was second, in the second run Alissa came in first and Riley, in my opinion came in second. I say my opinion because the officials said a different kid came in second and Riley came in third. I think the officials got their numbers mixed up because everyone we were with agrees with my opinion. The first run Alissa, Riley, Jillian, and Cayli were all together. In the second run they split up the group, Alissa and Riley were together and Jillian and Cayli were together. I really enjoyed that a lot more; it was a better break up of the ages.

Jillian and Alissa

Riley and Alissa
Cayli and Jilllian

After the first run I think that Jillian got the competition bug, she wasn't settling for a trophy just for participating; she wanted MORE! In the second run, she was in the lead until the final fifth lap when the little guy, Braden, who'd been on her tail the whole time literally got on her tail! They went over a hill and on the way down his 4-wheeler hooked onto the back of Jillian's. Scary moment for mom but dad's are all around the track and got them detached right before the last big hill. Jillian lost momentum, the little girl who'd been in third the whole time took the lead, Braden took second, and Jillian got third. She was pretty disappointed; but still had a good time.

Riley and Alissa did a bunch of trash talkin', kid style. I think that Charli and Brett got a kick out that because they're always trash talkin'! Jillian went into silent observer mode and Cayli was havin' a blast! Although I had reservations I was happy that they participated and proud that they did their best. Good job girls!

Race results:
Alissa - 1st
Riley - 3rd (should have been tied for 1st, in my opinion)
Jillian - 3rd
Cayli - participant trophy

Good job guys! Best part - you all had fun; a little competition never hurts.

No comments: