Monday, March 2, 2009

Our Family Getaway...

Our anxiously awaited trip to Sunriver, Or has finally arrived!

As posted earlier, no snowmobiles came with us for this trip...we'll come back to this little fact in a later post.

We had a pretty nice drive considering that it is still winter and there could have been bad roads, but there weren't - thank goodness! The girls were setup with their movies and I played DJ with my iPhone.

When we finally arrived, I had a rush of memories from my childhood...

The Sunriver Logo that used to greet you as you entered Sunriver, now located at the Police dept.

A drive by picture of the Lodge. There's something about that entry that I love...(architecturally)


The Gathering House. It's next to the pool (summer activity) and it has a lot of textures. LOVE IT!



I used to come here as a kid with my parents. Brett and I have been here twice in our 18 years of togetherness; our Honeymoon and a trip when Alissa was about 2 years old. There's just something about this place; is it the nature all around and the security of the trees or am I just a granola girl through and through? (Rhetorical question people; the granola girl part anyway.)

I'm looking forward to creating memories with my little family...I'll keep you posted! :)

No comments: