Sunday, December 21, 2008

Let it SNOW...

There has been winter weather advisories and serious snowfall all AROUND us since last week, but we have not really seen any snow, just a bitter cold wind. Apparently, it warmed up enough to snow...

When I went to bed last night there was barely a layer of snow on the grass. When we woke up this morning Brett tells me that it snowed about 4" overnight. I would say that when I went to shovel the walk in the backyard a couple hours later that there was at least a total of 5"; it was kind of hard to gage as there were drifts. Brett and I shoveled the driveway before we headed off to the shop to take the kids sledding (that will be another post), there was a good 6" - no drifts. When we got home the driveway was lightly covered, again.

Backyard with drifts

The girls helping out. Proof that we shoveled earlier today! :)

Side story: Our road has not yet seen a snowplow. Why is it that whenever the snow dumps people forget how to drive? Someone hit our mailbox today. It's got to have left a mark as our mailbox sits on top of a 6" steel pipe along with our neighbors. I did not receive a knock on my door, Brett looked out the window to see if it was still snowing (of course it was) and saw our mailboxes on the ground. Nice.

Brett left to go check the livestock and while he was gone (about 6pm) I thought I'd be nice and shovel his spot in the driveway since it had snowed so much that you could no longer tell that we had shoveled earlier. He got home just before I finished. He laughed and said he had just done the entire driveway before he left. SERIOUSLY!?! We got the ruler out and in the non-piled up or drifted area we are at 10" and counting. We have a piled spot that is 36.5"!

An ice chest at the shop, snow free yesterday

The driveway at 6pm tonight, partially shoveled. Coming down just as fast as we're shoveling

Check out the snow! SERIOUS!

Our pile of snow just off the driveway.


Current snow accumulation at 6pm tonight

Winter advisories are in effect for pretty much all of Eastern Wa and the Idaho Panhandle. As I type it's STILL snowing. Interested to see what tomorrow brings.

2 comments:

mumovearls said...

I still can't believe we got so much snow! It's awesome!-n

Charli said...

I am soo glad I am not there for that! ALthough this -20 weather is for the birds as well. Miss ya, Have a great Christmas! Hope the girls have fun. Love YA Charli