Sunday, December 21, 2008

My Pre-Holiday Shuffle...

I regret to inform you that this Holiday has caught me a bit unprepared. 

For the last two years, I have gotten all the holiday shopping done BEFORE we go to Vegas; not this year. I didn't have ONE gift purchased or made before we left. I thought that I was doing good getting most of my shopping done the Saturday we got home and pretty much finished up this last week. The shopping I got done on Saturday was internet shopping - I LOVE SECURED INTERNET SHOPPING! Well, due to weather, my gifts have yet to arrive. They were due to arrive Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday...I got Wednesday's delivery yesterday. Who knows when the other gifts will arrive.

I also have yet to DO our annual family portrait; without the portrait, no cards.....see where I'm going with all this? The thought is there, the materials are not. I have no one to get after but myself, but honestly, I'm not stressing. It is what it is and I'm okay with that. :) In fact, I'm not even planning on having our family picture taken until Saturday, December 27th. My friend Nena got her Christmas present early - a new camera, so I volunteered my family for a photo shoot. Thanks sweetie, I'm looking forward to it!

Please do not be upset at my laid back attitude, but this year I am all about making the memories and enjoying them vs. stressing out and not being able to wait for the Holidays to be over.

It's not you, it's me. :)

Enjoy the Holidays!

No comments: