Sunday, December 21, 2008

School Christmas Programs...

This last week was the last school week of 2008; meaning Christmas programs.

Jillians' was Tuesday morning at school. There are two Kindergarten classes at her school and they performed together with the Life Skills class. Life Skills is such a better name for the special education kids as they are learning things to get them through life...

Anyway, all of the kids were fabulous! You had shy kids and the NOT so shy kids who were singing at the top of their lungs and bouncing to the music. Jillian, well, she knew the songs but Brett and I identified a "thing". That "thing" is when she gets bored, she rolls her eyes. She's sang the song (or danced the routine, like at her dance recital) SO many times that now she's ready for it to be over, I guess. It was a hoot! The best part; when they all sang "All I want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth" as Jillian is missing her two front teeth. :) 

Another cool part that I would like to mention is the Life Skills class performing two songs with bells; I can't remember what songs they were but I was impressed.

 We had cookies in her class afterward

Alissas' performance was Wednesday evening at the MLHS Theater. They too had their shy and not so shy performers. Alissa had a good time; she was a bell ringer for "Jingle Jive" she was SO focused. She did great! Brett & I were VERY impressed at the performance. Their music teacher rocks! They were good to listen to, the could do some complex rounds, they were all singing, and they all appeared to be having fun! Way to go Mrs. K!

Alissa before show time

Dressing up is apparently the key for me to realize how much my kids have grown; for both of them! They are beautiful, precious little girls; too bad they won't be little for much longer.

No comments: